- About Cookies
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
- Our Cookies
- We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- The purposes for which they are used, are to recognise a computer when a user visits the website, improve the website's usability, analyse the use of the website, personalise the website for each user, target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users.
- Analytics cookies
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
- Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
- The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
- Third Party Cookies
- Our website also uses third party cookies.
We publish Google AdSense advertisements on our website. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the web using the DoubleClick cookie. This behaviour tracking allows Google to tailor the advertisements you see on other websites to reflect your interests (we do not publish interest-based advertisements on this website).
You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser by visiting here.
- Our details
Related Articles in the 'Site Information' Category...
- This website is owned and operated by PTS Content Ltd.
- We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 02820404 and our registered office is at Daresbury Point, Green Wood Drive, Manor Park, Runcorn, WA7 1UP.
- Our principal place of business is at Daresbury Point, Green Wood Drive, Manor Park, Runcorn, WA7 1UP.
- You can contact us by writing to the business address given above